It’s grillin’ season!
Some of our pals grill all year round. We know a guy that keeps a snow shovel inside the house near the deck door – just in case it snows – in order to clear a path on the deck to his five-foot-wide grill. 🙂 But, we’re a little more conservative, and stick to mid-May until first frost in mid to late October.
Whenever your grilling months, you probably serve fresh vegetable salads of some kind along with the great meats and veggies you can sear on the grill top. We like this cucumber and tomato mix, tossed together with an easy salad dressing and feta cheese, for a light salad that goes well with a variety of BBQ food. Hamburgers and hot dogs or steaks and potatoes? It works with everything we’ve tried on the grill and nobody has died yet from eating the fig balsamic or the herbes de Provence. Promise.
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into one inch chunks (about 4 cups)
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and sliced (about 4 cups)
- 1 6 oz package feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fig balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon herbes de Provence
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Place the tomatoes, cucumbers, feta and onion in a large serving bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the vinegar, herbes de provence, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and cheese and lightly toss until combined.
- Serve cold.