Follow Detective Charlie Kerrian's Blog
If you would like to share this article with your friends or post a comment - please click here to visit full story page. →
- 2-quart pot
- large bowl
- cookie sheet with sides
- parchment paper
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 Tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard (Gulden's)
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Heat oven to 400.
- Bring water to boil in two-quart pot.
- Prep cauliflower by removing outer leaves and any discolored florets.
- Remove core and divide head into two inch sized florets, about 4 cups.
- Place florets into boiling water and boil for 3-4 minutes, until just fork tender.
- Immediately remove florets from water with slotted spoon, place in colander, and drain.
- Place drained florets into large bowl.
- Toss with butter, mustard, garlic, and sea salt until evenly coated.
- Place parchment paper on cookie sheet with sides.
- Evenly distribute coated florets in single layer on the parchment paper and bake for 5-6 minutes.
- Flip florets and bake for another 5-6 minutes or until golden brown on edges.
- Serve hot.
Bonus: Sheila uses this recipe as a base for making cauliflower soup. Stay tuned for that one!