Follow Detective Charlie Kerrian's Blog
It may be September, but it’s still summer and temperatures still reach the 90s in the southern half of the USA. Happily, the stores have plenty of pineapples and bananas in stock, and you can make a refreshing hot weather beverage that also doubles as a filling afternoon snack. We promise that everyone who drank either version sipped and smiled. There might have been a few ‘ahhhh…’ sounds heard, along with requests for seconds.If you would like to share this article with your friends or post a comment - please click here to visit full story page. →
Serves one happy recipient. P.S. Go ahead, envision a vacation to the Islands during the last gasp of summer weather and add vodka or rum. Sip away.
Pineapple Banana Smoothie
- 1/4 cup water OR pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, cubed
- 1 cup fresh banana, sliced
- 1 pinch sea salt
- optional blueberries for garnish
- Place water (or pineapple juice) and crushed ice in blender.
- Add the cubed pineapple, sliced banana, and a pinch of salt.
- Cover and mix until blended and creamy, about a minute.
- Pour into glass and top with the optional blueberries.