It’s that season when all things pumpkin are the rage. Maybe it’s the hundreds of pumpkins calling to us at the stores/farmer’s markets or maybe it’s the crisp Fall air, but nature’s advertising compels me to try a new pumpkin recipe every year.
Sheila is right there with me and the challenge is not to come up with something new, but how to rein in our enthusiasm and just pick one to share.
We looked at the Kerrian recipe list and saw no pumpkin smoothies on it, so, for your sipping pleasure, here is the Kerrian Pumpkin Smoothie.
And, in keeping with our kitchen’s body-free policy, no people were harmed in the making of this great drink. Promise. 😉
- 1 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1 cup 2% lowfat milk or coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup ice
- Place pumpkin, milk, and brown sugar in blender or mini-food processor and mix until blended – about 30 seconds.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg, sea salt, and vanilla and continue to mix together – about 30 seconds.
- Add ice and continue to blend until beverage is thick and creamy – about a minute.
*Photos by Patti Phillips