Jalapeno Peach Chicken
It’s playoff time! Whether it’s the World Series, the Stanley Cup or the SuperBowl, this recipe works for all seasons.
It’s time for comfort food, snack food, food that’s easy to eat as we flip from channel to channel. Sometimes the neighbors host the gatherings, so we like to have food that is not going to spill during transport.
One of my buddies came up with this one. Spicy & sweet in the same mouthful. Depending on what kind of pepper jelly you are able to score at the grocery, it can be mild or fiery hot. We like jalapeno jelly, but even that comes in levels of fire. Habanero would light the grill all by itself.
Let the games begin!
- 3 pounds chicken drumettes and drumsticks with skin
- 1 cup Progresso garlic & herb fine breadcrumbs
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- ½ cup jalapeno jelly
- ½ cup peach preserves
- ½ cup water
- sea salt
- 1/2 cup (no msg) chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Salt the chicken with sea salt, all surfaces
- Put chicken, flour and bread crumbs in a gallon zip-loc bag and shake until the chicken is coated evenly.
- Mix the jalapeno jelly, peach preserves and water in a bowl to make basting sauce.
- Arrange the chicken in one layer in a roasting (or grilling) pan and coat the chicken with the basting sauce.
- Place in oven for 25 minutes. Turn chicken and baste again if needed.
- Add chicken broth to pan and continue to bake for another 25 minutes, or until chicken is lightly brown.
Serve with sour cream, ranch dressing, or leftover basting sauce for dipping.
*Photo by Patti Phillips
4 thoughts on “KNR, p. 48 “Jalapeno Peach Chicken Drumsticks””
Sounds great, Patti!
Thanks, Norene! It is so easy and so tasty that I now make it all the time for picnic and BBQ snacks.
Wow does that sound good! And great during a fun play off evening!!
Thanks, Sue. Enjoying mine now during the Stanley Cup playoffs. 🙂
Comments are closed.