It’s summer. It’s hot. It’s time for salads. 🙂
There are many delicious Greek dishes, but a Greek salad can be tossed together easily and in our house, it’s a tasty partner to sandwiches. Make the salad big enough, with a lot of feta cheese on top, and it could be a meal all on its own as the temperature climbs above 90 degrees.
- 1 5 oz. bag of mixed greens or baby spinach
- 2-3 medium tomatoes, diced, about 1.5 cups
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, diced, about 1.5 cups
- 1 cup sliced black olives, drained
- 4 oz. tomato-basil (or plain) feta cheese, crumbled
- 3/4 cups olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. oregano flakes
- 1/2 tsp. basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- Place greens, diced tomato, diced cucumber, sliced olives, and feta cheese into large serving bowl.
- Combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano, basil, lemon juice, sea salt, black pepper, and garlic powder in a separate bowl and whisk until well blended.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat evenly.
Serve with a frosty beverage and enjoy!